The 12 Days of Christmas for my Husband

I always love to do cute little things for Drew throughout the year.  When we first met, I would send him random cards in the mail, just to put a smile on his face.  Now that we are married it seems like we get so worried about doing things for Julianna and everyone else that we forget about each other at times.

So this year, I came up with something fun to do for him at Christmastime.

For the 12 days leading up to Christmas, I surprised him with a gift each morning.  The gifts had to go along with the number for that day.  It got a little tricky for a couple of the days, but he loved every gift and the thought that went into them.


On the FIRST Day of Christmas, My True Love gave to me.....
.....A Cafe Americano!

A $5.00 giftcard to Starbucks for his favorite coffee drink


 On the SECOND Day of Christmas, My True Love gave to me.....
......Two Family Movie Nights!

2 boxes of his favorite candy.  2 packages of popcorn. And 2 movies.  One for us to watch with Jules and one for just the two of us.  :)



 Here is how it all looked packaged together and waiting to surprise him in his car!

On the THIRD Day of Christmas, My True Love gave to me.....
.....Three movie passes!

A gift card to our favorite movie place!


On the FOURTH Day of Christmas, My True Love gave to me.....
.....A four-pack of Coca-Cola!!

Might seem cheesy, but Drew LOVES Coke in a bottle.  Brings back some great childhood memories of sipping on one on his front porch with all of his neighborhood friends on a hot summer day.  Found this awesome 4-pack at Walmart and knew he would LOVE it!   

On the FIFTH Day of Christmas, My True Love gave to me.....
.....FIVE GOLDEN COOKIES!!!

We have a place here that makes the most amazing Ooey-Gooey Butter cookies.  They are seriously to die for.  They literally melt in your mouth and our family loves them. They are a rare and special treat, so he was really excited to find them in this bag!! 

On the SIXTH Day of Christmas, My True Love gave to me.....
....A Six-Pack of of New Castle!

One of his favorite beers.  I was disappointed when the day after I bought this six-pack I saw that New Castle had a winter brew.  Would have been perfect!  So....I just added a six-pack of the Winter Brew to his stocking.  Am I the best wife ever, or what?!?  :)

On the SEVENTH Day of Christmas, My True Love gave to me.....
.....Seven Lottery Tickets!

My husband loves a good scratcher ticket.  We even won off of one of these!!!!  

On the EIGHTH Day of Christmas, My True Love gave to me.....
.....Eight lovey-lovey/racy texts.  

Yes, I was stretching for this one.  What comes in a series/set of eight?  Nothing I tell you!  Nothing.  So I reached out for some help on this one and my good friend Rochelle reminded me that we had been married for 8 years and something about our love and marriage would be good.  Since we text off and on throughout the day, I thought he would enjoy a few that don't involve grocery lists, Julianna or random rants about our day.  I won't tell you what they all said, but let's just say he was a little more in love with me by the end of the day........ ;)  

On the NINTH Day of Christmas, My True Love gave to me.....
....Nine Christmas Eve Treats!

Again, I was struggling for ideas for this day.  So when I found a great snack set with nine different snacks that I knew he would love in it, I went for it.  
It was  BIG hit!  He loved it all and it came in handy when we were putting together that Barbie Dream House!  

 On the TENTH Day of Christmas, My True Love gave to me.....
....Favorite socks to keep your 10-toes warm!

Completely cheesy.  But he LOVES these socks and they are not cheap, so he was thrilled with an extra pair.  He is on his feet all.day.long.  So he likes nice comfy socks to wear and these are perfect!

On the ELEVENTH Day of Christmas, My True Love gave to me.....
.....11 Reasons Why I Love My Daddy!

Now, this might have been his favorite gift.  Jules worked for days on writing the perfect list.  She would write and re-write.  She did it all by herself without any help from me.  So even though her spelling is off on a couple of words, I think it is one of the sweetest things I have ever seen.  And with tears in his eyes, Drew thought so too!  


 On the Twelfth Day of Christmas, My True Love gave to me.....
....A 12-Cup Coffee Maker!!

Ours died a couple of weeks before Christmas.  I had originally planned to get him a 12-month subscription to a magazine, but thought this would be a better gift.  He was SO excited!  And so was I!  I NEED my coffee on the weekends and Drew always makes it for me, so this is the gift that keeps on giving!!!  





It was so much fun to do and Jules and I had a great time putting it together and sneaking the gifts out to his car each morning!

Next year, I think Drew and I are going to do it for her.  Should probably start planning it all out now.......   :)

Comments

Popular Posts