Thanksgiving 2012

I know this post is almost a month late, but for some reason I post everything to Facebook now and tend to forget about my blog.  Which I don't want to do as this serves as my little scrapbook of the year.

Anyway, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  We were blessed to be able to travel to Texas to see Lauren and the baby. 

Drew, Jules and I hit the road around 11 a.m. the Tuesday before and made it to Longview around 10:00 that night.  When we arrived I quickly gave hugs and kisses to my Mom, Step-dad and sister, but only had arms for that precious baby.  The second I saw her, I started bawling.  I just couldn't believe my sister is a Mom!  Mia is the second most precious baby I have ever seen. ;)  

She is so good and just let me snuggle and kiss on her the whole time we were there.  She is just perfect! 

Drew and Jules were smitten too and I was a little surprised to see that Julianna wasn't jealous of Mia at all, she was all about helping her and taking care of her.  She was so gentle and sweet with her.  It was so precious.  Makes me tear up just to think about it.  Our window is slowly closing, but if we were blessed to have another baby, Jules would be the BEST big sister!

We had a great Thanksgiving day, we ate well and had much to be thankful for.  That night we celebrated Christmas with everyone and Santa even paid Jules a visit and brought her a very special gift she had been wanting!

My favorite moment was when my sister opened Mia's gift from Drew.  He had bought her a series of Little Golden Books.  Lauren was touched by the first book, but her reaction to when she saw the second book was priceless.  When she and I were growing up, we must have read the book "There's a Monster at the End of this Book" a thousand times.  Our copy of it was torn and tattered and falling apart by the time Courtney and Morgan could read it, but they read it too and loved it just as much as we did.  Well, Drew LOVED that book too when he was little, so he wanted to get it for Mia.  When Lauren saw it she got all wide-eyed and said "ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!"  Then started crying and reading it.  It was so amazing.  My step-dad said it best when he said "Well, that must have triggered a special memory."  :)  It was definitely my favorite moment of the day!  :)

The next day I got up bright and early and did a little shopping.  I got everything on my list and then headed back to the hotel for breakfast with Drew and Jules. 

We met Lauren and Mom and Mia later and did a little more shopping while Drew and Tom ran around doing who knows what.  Those two are hilarious when they are together! 

That night we hung out at Lauren's and tried not to think about leaving the next day. :(  It was SO hard to say good-bye to my sister and to Mia the next morning.  But thankfully, Lauren has been sending me a picture each day, so I can see her as she grows!  She has already grown SO much in the past 3 weeks! 

We made it home around 8 Saturday night and the drive was perfect.  It was a great getaway and like I said before, we have so very much to be thankful for (as you can see from the pics below)! 






 Jules' reaction to a gift she has been wanting ALL year! 







 Someone fell hard for little Miss Mia......
 ....and so did I!  :)

Comments

Popular Posts