Iowa Visit

Two weeks ago we headed to Des Moines for a few days.  We were able to get in a visit with Sue, Grandma and Grandpa, Rochelle and Annette, Bob and Diane and Mariah - who had just had a baby two weeks prior.  So I was able to get in lots of snuggle time!!! 

The weekend didn't go exaclty as planned as Drew decided to come with us at the last minute to retrieve his van that had been parked at Grandma and Grandpa's since we moved.  Well it probably wasn't the smartest thing to think that a van that has been sitting for over a year would just start right up and be ready for a road trip back to Columbia. 

I was enjoying a lovely afternoon at Rochelle's when I received a phone call from my husband who was an hour down the road saying that he was stranded and that I needed to come and get him.  So by 8:00 that night we were both back in Des Moines with the van on the side of the road outside of Pella wondering what the heck we were going to do.  Thankfully someone who used to go to the church where I grew up lived about 5 miles from where the van broke down and has a garage there and he fixes cars!  So we were able to have the van towed there on Sunday and told the guy to just get to it when he can.  We will eventually get it back to Columbia where I hope we can sell it and never have to deal with it again! 

Drew felt bad that he ruined by weekend, but I knew that and didn't want to make him feel worse, so we just dealt with it and moved on.  That's the kind of wife I am.  :)  :) :)  Seriously though he has been pretty cute trying to make up for it by cleaning the house and giving me a little extra love.  So I can't really complain.  And these things happen.  It's just life.  :)

When we go there Friday we were able to stop by Stowe, so I could see all of my old co-workers and catch up with some of them.  It was just what I needed. I miss that job SO much, but it was great to see everyone and I was able to see some of the kiddos too.  It was a great visit! 

After that we had lunch with Courtney, checked into the hotel and headed to see Mariah and the kids!  So, I love her kids like they are my own and I fell just as in love with her new little boy - Bodhi.  What a stinkin' cutie he is and SO good. Didn't cry once the whole time we were there.  She is such a good Mama and I just wish we lived closer so I could spend more time with them.  Drew bonded pretty well with the baby too as you can see from the pics below.  Could they be any cuter together?  And Jules, well she was in heaven with her BFF Keaton.  She actually likes to think she is her sister.  They are so adorable when they are together. 

Saturday morning we met Bob and Diane for breakfast and it was so nice to see them and catch up.  Plus it was a bonus that it was Diane's birthday and we could spend part of her day with her! 

I spent the afternoon with Rochelle, Annette and Reagan.  We were going to miss Reagan's birthday the following week, so Jules gave her her presents early and they had a fun afternoon playing together while I got caught up with my girls!  So fun! 

After I got back from rescuing Drew, we spent the evening with Sue and G&G.  It was a quick visit, but so nice to see them.  My Dad was in Chicago that weekend, so hopefully we will see him at Christmas. 

Sunday we dealt with the van most of the morning, but once we got that towed, we were on the road and got back home around 7:30 that night.  It was a long weekend, but SO worth it.  I love all of my family and friends and I am so thankful we are able to see them!
















On the way home, the sky was unbelievable.  I just had to get some shots taken.  I love how they turned out!  A little beauty and hope after a crazy weekend. :)

Sunday we dealt with the van most of the morning, but once we got that towed, we were on the road and got back home around 7:30 that night.  It was a long weekend, but SO worth it.  I love all of my family and friends and I am so thankful we are able to see them!

Comments

Popular Posts