Updates

I am becoming really bad at this blogging thing!  :)  Life is just crazy busy most days and I will think "oh, I should blog about that" and then something else happens and I forget all about it! 

Things are going great with us!

Drew got a promotion with his company and started his new position on Aug. 1st.  He is still at William Woods University, but now as the Food Service Director.  He is SO happy with this company and they treat him so well!  It is just such a blessing to see him come home with a smile on his face each night and happy about his job. 

Jules is doing great!  She has spent a lot of time with her best friends Kydra and Kyndall this summer and loves having her very own baby-sitter come to the house each day to watch her.  They have gone shopping, to the movies, and swimming.  But, she is ready for school to start next week and can't wait to see who her teacher will be!

As for me, things are WONDERFUL!!!  I started a position with the school district last month!  The most bittersweet part of our move, was leaving my job at Stowe that I loved so much.  I really wanted to get back into that kind of environment and was just waiting for the right job with the Columbia District to present itself.  And it did! In April, I applied for a job with one of the Middle Schools.  I really wanted this position because it was really close to our house and it is the Middle School that is right next to Julianna's school. 

I interviewed after school was out and was offered the position the next week!  I started it the first week of July!  And....I LOVE IT!!!  I love being in this environment again and the teachers and staff here have been SO nice and helpful!

I still miss Stowe a lot, but my heart feels full again -  being part of a school.  I cannot wait for classes to start next week and hopefully will start to meet a lot of the kiddos! 

You always hear people say that sometimes you just need to take a leap of faith and see where it takes you.  I can honestly say that when we took that leap of faith last fall and made the decision to move here, it wasn't easy, but it was definitely the best move for our family.  We are so incredibly happy here.  We both have jobs we love, Julianna is doing great with school and all of her new friends, we love our house and our neighborhood and we have a stronger bond as a family.  SO incredibly thankful for where that leap of faith has brought us! 

Comments

Popular Posts