Fun Weekend in Iowa

This post is LONG overdue!  :)

We had a great time visiting with Friends and Family in Iowa over the 4th.  Jules and I left bright and early the morning of the 4th and drove straight to Des Moines.  Only stopped twice!  That is a record for us!  :)

It was BRUTALLY hot that week, so after we dropped off our luggage, we headed straight to the Chapman family pool!  It was great to see them and to cool off! 

We spent the evening hanging out with Sue, Dad, Lauren and Cody.  We went out for dinner and had a nice night!  The next day, I went to breakfast with Lauren and Cody while Jules spent some much needed time with Grandma and Grandpa Bush. It was my Dad's birthday and he was thrilled to spend some time with his little babe. :)  That afternoon I got some one on one time with Courtney while we shopped for Lauren's baby shower and Dad's birthday party. 

Jules and I had a quick date with Rochelle, Annette and Reagan.  It was SO nice to see my girls and catch up for a bit.  After that we went back to Sue and Dad's to celebrate Dad's birthday with a delicious summer meal - BLT's and Corn on the Cob! 

On Friday, Sue, Courtney and I spent the day getting ready for the Shower.  We decorated the church and got everything set up.  Did I mention it was hot in Iowa that week?!  :)

My cutie pie husband surprised us and came into town half a day early and was there to help us set up and make the Chocolate Covered Strawberries.  Thank goodness!  I was afraid if I made them, I would not do them justice!  :)
That night Mariah and Shawn invited us to dine at Sam and Gabes.  Shawn is the GM there and treated us like royalty.  The beers kept coming for Drew and the food was AMAZING!!  Italian Nachos - Hello!!!

While we were decorating the church, Drew met up with one of his buddies - who just happens to own Jethro's - for those of you in Des Moines, you know what I am talking about - anyway - they got to talking about music and such and Drew mentioned that he liked a Folk band named the Avett Brothers.  His friend, said "what a coincidence - they are playing here tonight at the 80/35 music festival.  He picked up his phone, made a call and had tickets waiting for us to pick up after dinner!!! 

Now, concerts are not my thing, but a free evening with my husband enjoying a band he loves - I will take it!!!  We had a great time and Oh.My.Gosh.  The Avett Brothers were awesome live!  So incredible!! It was such a wonderful night and I loved that we were able to get in a date night while we were there.  We don't have a lot of options here for babysitters, so we have only been out twice since we moved, so it was a nice treat!  :)  Oh and it was HOT.  Did I mention that?  We were soaked, sweaty messes by the end of the night, but it was worth it!  :) 

On Saturday, we had Lauren's Baby Shower.  I think it went well.  Everyone loved the food and loved being a part of her Gender Reveal.  I am SO happy to be having a baby niece!  We are going to visit them in November after baby Mia is born and I can't wait to shower her with hugs, kisses and lots of love!

That night we had friends and family over to celebrate my Dad's 60th birthday.  It was fun to see some of his family that lives far away and to spend time together as a family.  Morgan wasn't able to come, but I know that Dad really enjoyed having all of his girls there to help him celebrate! 

The next morning we caravaned (sp?) home and made it just in time to take a 3 hour nap!  :)  Between the constant running around while we were there and the heat, we were all exhausted.  But the trip was awesome and I am so glad we were able to see so many people and celebrate Lauren's Baby and my Dad's 60th birthday!  It was a great week and I am so glad we were able to do it! 

All ready to leave!  

 Just doing a little reading with Grandma on the porch.  :)
 Happy Birthday Grandpa!!!
Lovin' on Reagan. 

 Date night with our best friends!!

The Avett Brothers! 

 Lauren's Baby Shower






It's A....... 
 GIRL!!!!!!!!!



 Jules got to meet her Pen Pal Grace in person!!!
 Lauren made this amazing card for my Dad for his birthday.  Everyone loved it!

Dad - We were going to give you a WHOPPING  100 GRAND for your birthday, but the money slipped through our BUTTERFINGER's.  We didn't have any EXTRA WHATCHAMACALLIT's to seel and it wasn't PAYDAY.  We didn't think a pet KIT KAT, a trip to New YORK, or an ORBIT around the MILKY WAY would be appropriate.  We want to wish you a MOUND of Almond JOY, both NOW AND LATER as you eat this card.  We hope it doesn't ROLOver and make you sick.  If it does, we promise not to SNICKER.  Love your favorite AIR HEADS (mini ones were used for Jules and Mia).  Isn't that so cute?!  Dad just loved it!!!
 Jules and one of her BFF's Jen.  Jen closed the party down with us!!!  So fun to see her and hang out!!
I promise, this was not staged! This is literally how we found Julianna after everyone left.  Holding the balloons from Lauren's shower and passed out on the couch.  Best picture of the summer, right here folks!!  :)


Comments

Popular Posts