Updates

I haven't posted for a while.  We have been busy and having lots of fun!

Life is SO good for us right now.  I just can't even begin to describe all of it, but things are really falling into place for us and we couldn't be happier.

Drew is working as the Executive Chef for William Woods University in Fulton, MO.  He love, love, LOVES everything about his job and they love him.  It has just been so great to see him happy to be going to work each day and working for people who appreciate him and his talents.

Last week his talents were appreciated to a greater extent as he prepared two amazing dinners for VAL KILMER!!!  Oh yeah, the Iceman himself!  He was in town to deliver the commencement speech at WWU and Drew prepared some amazing food for him at his Welcome Reception and then other meals throughout the week and then $200 a plate dinner with Val last Thursday.  Both times he raved about Drew's food and complimented his cooking.  It was SO good for Drew.  He even had two Hollywood movie producers compliment him about his food.  Pretty great week for him!  :)  I typed up the menu Drew prepared for the Welcome Reception and Val signed it for him.  Nice little reminder of this incredible experience.

Commencement was Saturday and once Drew was done, he was home for some rest and relaxation!  He has been working pretty much non-stop for a month and we were so glad to have him home for some down time.  We have been grilling out, taking naps, taking trips to the park, playing with Jules and just lovin' on each other.  It has been pretty much perfect.

Last Friday was my sixth 29th birthday!  :)   Since Drew had to work, Jules and I were going to order pizza and take it easy.  Well my BFF Mariah had other plans.  She and the kiddos came down from Des Moines for the weekend!  We had so much fun showing them around, letting the girls play and just catching up.  I have plenty of pics to post later.  It was so great having them here and I am so thankful she took the time to help make my birthday really special.  Between her trip and the spoiling that went on by Drew and Jules (even if I didn't get a birthday call from Val), it was one of my best birthdays ever.  So...maybe I will claim the "34" right of passage.

Other than that, not much else going on, except we are busy, busy, busy.  When we moved here, we were really happy because it meant that our weekends were our own again.  We didn't have a ton going on.  Well, that is slowly changing and we LOVE it!  This weekend my little sis Courtney is coming down.  She needs a change of scenery and we are excited to show her around.  Maybe she'll just fall in love with Columbia and want to move here too!  :)

Next weekend we are doing Julianna's birthday party with her friends from school.  It is hard to get together during the summer and we will be traveling a lot, so we thought it best to do it while she was still in school.  We are doing a "Baking" themed party.  I have put on the invitations "Dress for the Mess"  so wish us luck!

Then hopefully the Chapman's will be coming back down for Memorial Day weekend, the weekend after that is our Anniversary and then we will be CHICAGO BOUND!!!!  We cannot wait for this trip!  We have so many fun things planned for Julianna.  It is going to be a great birthday for her!

So, life is pretty good, in fact it is pretty great for the Stinson's.  Drew and I were reflecting on how much has changed over this past year and once again we were reminded that if God can bring you to it, He can bring you through it.  And heaven knows He has and while not everyone may agree with some of the decisions we have made, they have made Drew and I stronger and more united in our marriage and we are so thankful for each other and the life that we have been given .

Comments

mrsmarkdave said…
You know...34 is the first age past 30 I've been able to admit. I'm not sure what it is. I actually can tell people "I'm 34" now. Before...well, just bringing up age made me grumpy.
I was thinking of you last Friday. You know me...I remember everyone's b-days. Yours is easier since it's also Kacie's b-day, but I would remember anyway.
My parents are moving. Yep. Moving. To Pennsylvania. On June 1st. 3 weeks and 1 day away. Someone else will be raising their family (they have 3 kids and what do you know but her brother lives 5 houses down from me) in our house. Hope they have as much, and more, fun as we did :-)

Popular Posts