LAST Day of Kindergarten!!!

Today is Julianna's Last Day of Kindergarten!  I just can't believe this school year is over!  What a year it has been.  She started off in Des Moines and ended at her amazing school in Columbia.  

So much has changed over the past year, but she has come through it better than all of us!  She is SO smart and has really taken to reading and learning every new thing that she can.  She loves school and loves all of her new friends. 

She has grown up so much over the past year.  Gone away is that shy girl that couldn't stand to have others look at her, she is really blossoming into a well-rounded, caring and great little girl and I couldn't be more proud of her!

Yesterday I walked her into school just like I have every day this year.  As we got to the front doors of the school, she stopped me with her hand up and said "That's good Mommy, I can take it from here.  I am going to be a 1st grader you know. You can hug and kiss me out here, I don't need you to walk me in anymore."  

I didn't know whether to hug her out of pride, or burst out in tears!  This morning she was by the bike racks when she said "I wish I could just walk from here since I don't need you to walk me in anymore!"  I told her one step at a time.  Sheesh!  I am afraid by the first day of school in August she will be asking me to drop her off a block away.  :) 

We are just so blessed that she is happy, that she is in a good school and that she is excelling in everything she learns.  

I can't wait to see what next year holds for her...

Comments

Popular Posts