Catching up....

It has been a crazy couple of weeks.  Jules and I went back to Iowa on Sunday the 15th and were there for 5 days.  Even though the circumstances for why we were there were sad and hard to deal with, it was SO nice to be with family.

My sister Lauren and her husband Cody came up from Texas on Sunday too and it was SO GREAT to see them.  It had been almost a year and that was too long!  We were able to spend all of Tuesday with them and we had a blast together. 

It snowed Monday night while we were there and Cody (being a southern boy and all) had never seen that much snow.  He was up by 6:30 a.m. on Tuesday and outside playing in it and DYING to drive his new 4 wheel drive truck in it!!!!  We indulged him and let him take us all to breakfast at a local diner. :)  The most hilarious part of the day was that he doesn't get cold very easily, so he bummed around town that day in his Texas gear - shorts and a t-shirt!  We got some strange looks, but he thought it was great!  Courtney joined us for lunch that day and then it was the Three Bush Sisters, a husband and one child. Watchout world!! We laughed so much and had a great time - especially when we all almost went down in the icy parking lot of a restaurant and then Courtney bit it big time taking Jules down with her.  If I wasn't laughing so hard, I would have tried to help her.  :)  Good times!  Drew came into town Tuesday night and we all went out to dinner after the visitation.  It was great to see our husbands together and getting along so well.  We are both so blessed to have such wonderful husbands who love us more than anything.  It makes me tear up seeing how much Cody loves Lauren and how great they are together!

On Wednesday Jan. 18th was Grandpa's funeral.  It was seriously one of the most beautiful services I have ever been to. Lauren and I were honored to be asked to read 2 passages from the Bible during the service.  I thought I could do it, but broke down mid-way through, but managed to finish my reading.  It was just so tough knowing we had just seen him the month before and now he was gone. 

I am so thankful for the time we did have with him and the relationship I had with him as an adult.  He was very close to me, but also with Drew and especially with Jules.  He meant (and still means) so much to all of his and we will miss him dearly. :( 

My Mom and Tom came back to Columbia with us for a couple of days.  It was so nice to spend time with them and Jules and Papa Tom were joined at the hip for 3 days straight! 

On Friday night after a long exhausting week, Mom and Tom offered to watch Jules for the night so Drew and I could have a date night!  Well you don't have to ask us twice!  We haven't had a date night since we moved.  So we prettied ourselves up and headed out.  Mom had given us a giftcard to a steakhouse here in town for Christmas, so we used that and had a nice dinner, went for a drive, washed our new car and picked up some toilet paper.  Oh yes, that's how we roll on a Friday night!  :) We were home by 10, but it was just what we needed! 

Mom and Tom headed back to Iowa on Saturday and then flew back to Phoenix on Sunday. 

Such a nice week in so many ways and I am so glad we could all be back to celebrate the life of my Grandfather.  I think my favorite moment of the week was looking through all of the old pictures of my Grandpa growing up and of us as kids with him.  Precious.  And those images will stay with us forever. 

Love you Grandpa T.  See you again one day! 

Comments

Truders said…
Sorry to hear about your grandfather. I lost my granddmother in October and she was a wonderful woman of God. Cherish the memories you have. That is what I think about when I miss her.
Glad you had a good time with your sisters too!!

Popular Posts