Thanksgiving Weekend!

I know this post is a couple of weeks late.  I have just been SO busy and have neglected my blog.  Hoping to keep up on it more now! 

We had a nice Thanksgiving this year.  It was a little tough being away from everyone, but Drew was excited to be able to prepare the meal this year.  And man oh man did we eat good!  My mouth waters every time I think about it!

We had my Aunt Laura and Uncle David over.  Both of their kiddos are away at college right now, so it was nice to have them over so we were both able to spend time with family this year! 

While Drew took charge of the preparing of the meal, Jules and I were in charge of the decorating!  And thanks to my Mama, who blessed us with some new items, we set a pretty nice table!

We had a great day and I loved being with Drew and Jules for the entire day.  That night we surprised Jules and took her to see The Muppets.  It was so cute and brought back some nostalgia for me and Drew.  We both loved The Muppets when we were kids and we were glad we could share our love for them with Jules! 

All in all a wonderful day.  And I didn't over-induldge, so I wasn't a complete zombie when I headed out at midnight that night with a new friend to shop it up!  We hit 6 or 7 stores and didn't make it home until 4:30 a.m.!   It was a great night, probably won't do it again, but it was definitely an experience!!!

That weekend we did a little more Christmas shopping and then headed to Bass Pro so Jules could see Santa.  Bass Pro took a great picture, we however did not.  I will see if I can post that one later.  Jules also saw Frosty and Rudolph and had a great time doing crafts and playing with all of the toys! 

It was a great weekend, but the best part was that Drew was off the entire time too, so we really got in a lot of quality family time.  We all can't wait for Christmas break, for more time together and creating more memories! 
Adult Table is all set~!
 Julianna's table.  She wasn't too thrilled about sitting be herself.  In fact she asked my Uncle David if we would mind sitting at the kids table so she could sit with the rest of us. :)  We comprimised and moved her table right beside ours and she was fine after that.  :) 

 Homemade DELICIOUS Pumpkin and Apple Pies!  I wish I still had some of the pumpkin waiting for me in the fridge at home right now!
 Sign Julianna made - LOVE
 Quite the spread before we even had dinner!  This is where I get in trouble....I always fill up on the appetizers!
 I can't even describe how amazing these were.  Toasted Crostini with blue cheese/cream cheese spread with candied pecans on top. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!!!
 Turkey from the smoker.  Who knew turkey could taste this good! 
 Jules and her buddy - Uncle David. He was such a good sport playing with her and keeping her entertained!
 Aunt Laura and Uncle David - two of Julianna's favorite people! 
 Getting ready for the Muppets!!!! SOOOOO Excited!



 

Comments

Popular Posts