Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Phoenix Again!

On Friday we just took in the sites of Phoenix (and it's surrounding areas!). We visited my Aunt Kris. She lives in the most amazing condo. Very modern and sleek. I could see me spending the rest of my days in a condo like. I would of course have to get rid of just about everything we own, but I think I could be happy without all of our things. Hence my New Years resolution to s.i.m.p.l.i.f.y. - but I am getting off track.



Jules warmed up to Aunt Kris and even Uncle John before the day was through. Loving this pic!


After that we headed over to see my Great Uncle Jimmy. He is my Grandpa Tonsi's brother and just as much fun as Grandpa T! No wonder Jules warmed right up to him!


He took her out to pick some fresh oranges



They were delish!







After that we headed back to the hotel to swim the afternoon away. It was a great way to wind down our vacation.


That night we met up with my best friend from high school - Lindsey and her family. It had been 14 years since we had seen each other and we didn't miss a beat. It was so great to see her. Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it! And she is doing her best to try and convince Drew and I that a move to Arizona would be good for us.....we shall see. :)


Here is Jules warming up and coloring with Lindsey's step-kids MacKenzie and Cameron (Cameron is out of shot - didn't want you thinking he looked strangley like Papa Tom - aka Granpa Curly!). And don't you know - as camera happy as I am, I didn't take a picture with Lindsey. I could kick myself when I think about it. I guess that means we will have to get together again - and soon to catch those picture perfect moments!


Then we packed up (again) and headed home Saturday morning. Well actually we made it to Amarillo, TX Saturday night. And after a minor mishap of forgetting about the time change, we made it to bed and were back on the road Sunday. We made it home around 1 a.m. on Monday morning. Exhausted, but glad to be home. All in all, one of the best.trips.ever. Can't stop thinking about it and all of the fun we had. Can't wait for our next family adventure!!!






No comments: