Family Christmas Baking Night!

Last week we had Courtney, Sue, Grandma Howard and Amy over to do a night of baking! We had SO much fun!
The girls and I made homemade oreos and sugar cookies. And then I tried out a new recipe for cranberry orange cookies. I will admit that I have never made cookies from scratch before (I know - shocking with me being married to a chef and all) but we don't make sweet treats in our house very often and when we do, it is usually the girls that do the baking and we go with the quick and easy stuff.

ANYWAY, these cookies turned out fabulous and were a bug hit with everyone. I may just have to start making them every weekend! :)


Jules loved everything about baking!!


Mary working on the homemade oreos...
....and sampling them as well! :)
The house smelled soooooo good that night!



Jules and Mary were pretty creative with their decorating skills


Jules had a little help from Grandma H.
I think Aunt Co Co made 5 dozen cookies that night!
I don't usually care for chocolate, but these oreos were G.O.O.D.!!!!

Sue helped with oven - making sure everything came out at the right time!
Jules and her best friend for the night - Amy!

And here they are - My Cranberry Orange Cookies. They were D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S.!!!
And no, they didn't last the week. And I may have gained 5 pounds, but they were totally worth it! :)

Comments

Popular Posts