Floods of 2010

Well needless to say the downstairs bedroom is a disaster. Many things will need to be replaced, but at least we are all safe and alive. And we were still in the process of decorating and getting things into Mary's room. It could have been far worse.

On Monday night the Egress window filled to the top with mud and rain water, and then came crashing through the window. Yep. Broke the window. It was one of the most unbelievable things I have ever seen.


If you look closely, you can see all of the water in the window and the window is starting to bow...
...all of that water eventually made its way into the house and...

...the window broke.

UNBELIEVABLE.
So we are onto (more) new carpet and more clean up. I am SO thankful for Drew. He has worked so hard while I have been at work during the day to get things moved out of Mary's room and the main living area and getting things brought upstairs to haul away. I know I say this a lot, but I love that man.

Comments

Truders said…
So sorry to hear of your water damage. We had water in our basement too.

Popular Posts