Tuesday, July 13, 2010


We started moving things on Sunday the 27th. It.was.long.and.brutal. I still wasnt' feeling the best from something health related earlier in the week and we weren't sure who would be able to help us, but alas friends came and loaded and loaded and loaded the truck for us. Such a blessing. We had everything moved and in the new townhouse by Tuesday night.

However, on Wednesday I went back to the old house to check the mail and found out that we had some pieces of metal shelving still in the garage. I got it all to the car and as I put the last piece in the car, I pulled my hand back and sliced my right middle finger open. To.the.bone.

The last load folks! The last load. Only I could do something like that. With blood gushing out with every heartbeat and Jules starting to freak out, I knew I needed to get to the ER. I called my dad since Drew was working and I knew he could get there faster than Drew could and he met us at the ER. I didn't want to traumatize Jules anymore than she already was. My dad took care of Jules and I was taken to a room where they got my bleeding under control. It was a clean cut into the bone. How lovely. After a while the doc came in and told me she was giving me 2 stitches and a tetanus shot. A what. Oh yes a shot. How I have come to hate shots. But I didn't want my arm falling off either.

All while this was going on, Mary was texting me about coming over the next day. I told her that I was in the ER with a cut finger and would call her later. Bless her heart - guess who showed up 20 minutes later to be with me. Such a tender-hearted treasure that girl is.

She kept Jules busy with my dad for a while and thankfully that is when I received my tetanus shot. Not too bad....or so I thought. I could barely do anything with that arm 2 days later - allergic reaction? Oh yes. With a temp and sickness to go along with it. Fun times!

The girls came in right as I was getting loaded up with Lidocaine and watched intently as I got my stitches. I mean Mary wants to be a vet and Jules wants to be a Doctor, so they need to know these things....seriously though, I didn't want them in there, but they both wanted to be near me so bad, that I didn't argue. Plus I was pretty woozy and dizzy and just wanted to sleep at that point.

Anywho, once I was stitched up, I was on my way. But wait, I had a car full of evil metal and no where for Mary to sit. Oh how I love my dad. He loaded up Mary in his car and took her to our house and made sure we made it safely. Love that man. And I love Mary. She took such good care of me that week. It's amazing how much you take your hand for granted. I didn't get the unpacking done that I wanted, but I got in some good family time.

Stitches are out now and there is just a small scar. So all is well again....until the next clumsy thing I do! :)

No comments: