Life...

...I have been dwelling, pondering, thinking on and praying over some things lately. Life can just throw you a curve ball sometimes. How do we deal with that. It seems like Drew and I have been through SO much is our almost 6 year marriage. I mean things get hard - keeping up the house, work, job loss, finances, P.A.R.E.N.T.I.N.G. Some days we look at each other like - how much more can we take? But then we look into each others eyes again and think - how can we be so blessed with everything we have been given, I mean God never gives us more than HE knows we can handle - right?! He must know that we are so strong, therefore, we can handle an awful lot!



I am so thankful for Drew. We have our moments, trust me, but through it all we come through with a marriage that is so strong and so powerful. A marriage some envy. It kind of makes me uncomfortable to write that as I am not a conceited person, but when you have people say "your marriage is something I am striving to make my marriage like" you have to take notice of that and ponder on what exactly we are doing to make people feel that way.



Drew and I talk through EVERYTHING. Sometimes probably too much. Nothing goes unsaid, not one night do we go to bed with anger or feelings of frustration with each other. We know each other inside and out. I am so blessed to have a man of integrity, one who is loyal to all he meets, one who is FAITHFUL. (Believe me it seems to be harder and harder to find a man who will be faithful and committed to one woman for the rest of his life. I am so very thankful that I have that in Drew) And finally someone who loves me for me.

Some days I really struggle with how different I look from when he met me. Gone away is the perky blond girl who worked 2 jobs and had time to be in shape and in her place is this frumpy mom (my words, not his - he will probably cringe when he reads this post, because he hates it when I get down on myself...) and yet he still finds time to tell me how much he loves me and how beautiful I am to him. He has been with me through so much - pregnancy, miscarriage, health scares, lymph edema and yet he still looks at me as he did when we first met. I am so blessed and there are times that I need to reflect on that more.

I am so very thankful for the marriage that I have and for the man that God has blessed me with. For our daughter and for the one that I am blessed to be her "other" mother. For our life, our dreams and for our future.

I know I am just rambling here, but I have just been thinking so much about life and why/how we are given the things are are given and sometimes I just need to write them out.

Drew and I are going through a lot right now in regards to his jobs. Lots of changes may be happening for us in the months to come. Please keep us in your thoughts as we make some difficult and some easy decisions. Your prayers are always welcome.

Comments

Popular Posts