Weekend Get-Away!

Last weekend Drew and I were able to take a much needed weekend together. It was wonderful having almost 3 days together just the two of us. We try to do this a few times a year and it is always so relaxing and great!
This time we went to Maple Grove, MN. We had visited there last year when we went to the Steelers game and just loved the town. We stayed at the beautiful Cambria Suites and had no plan. Those are the best trips - where you just see where the day will take you. We went to a nice dinner on Friday night and then Saturday we SLEPT IN. I have not been able to do that in months and it felt wonderful, let me tell you. We just drove around Saturday and shopped off and on. That night we decided to stay in. We got cheese, wine, olives, salad, rotisserie chicken, bread, apples and caramel dip. Drew made a nice dinner for us to enjoy and it was just perfect!



On Sunday we drove down to Mankato, MN where Morgan is attending college. The drive was beautiful. We couldn't have picked a better weekend to take in all of the fall colors. It was just lovely.

(Pardon my pics, they were taken from the car!)










We met Morgan at his first apartment and hung our there for a bit. Then we took him to lunch at the Olive Garden. I haven't been to one in years and well...I am not missing much. After working at one off and on for 6 years, I think I am immune to the whole salad and breadsticks thing! :)
It was, however, nice to catch up with Morgan and see how he is doing. It is still al little hard for me to see how much he has grown up! :o( After lunch we took him to Hy-Vee to load up a cart of his favorite things. Drew told him to get anything that he wouldn't normally get. That meant NO Ramen or Mac-n-Cheese! After that, we said our good-byes and headed out of town. I had a little trouble leaving him and broke down a bit after we left, but I am SO proud of him. He has wanted to be a pilot since he was 5 years old and he is persuing it. I am just so thankful for what a wonderful man he has turned into. If you want to read more about Morgan and his college life - check out his blog to the right!!

Again, it was such a great weekend. Just what Drew and I needed. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband. I know I say it a lot, but we are truly blessed to have such a strong marriage. It still amazes me most days, and....I can't wait for our next trip!!

Comments

Popular Posts