Grrr...

Drew is home tonight and after a yummy dinner (which I made by the way) of homemade taco pizza, we decided to head out for a drive and stop for some shakes on the way.

We thought we would just take my car since I needed gas and Drew likes to pump it for me whenever he can, so I don't have to do it!

Well while he was pumping gas (with the car off), I turned it on enough to roll my window down. When he got back into the car, it would'nt start. Wouldn't even turn over. Just clicked and then nothing. UGH!!! I hate car problems. I mean my car is only 3 years old, this shouldn't be happening!

We didn't know what to do. Do you think we really know anyone in the town that we live in? Nope. So I called Sue and Dad's to see if my dad was there to come and jump us. Sue answered and said that he was in Chicago with Morgan. Great. Thankfully she offered to come and jump us.

In the meantime we remembered that the handle for the release for my hood had broken off last fall and the only way to pop my hood is with a set of pliers. Which were not in my car, because my wonderful husband took my car today and cleaned and detailed it for me, so everything extra was out of my car.

No biggie, he would just run across the street to O'Rielly's and pick up a set of pliers there. He was no sooner crossing the street and they turned off the Open sign and locked the doors! Grrrr!!! So he came back over right as Sue was pulling in. THANKFULLY she had pliers in her car as her hood also has problems opening.

So Jules and I walk into Quik Trip to kill some time while they jump the car. When we came out Drew motioned us to come over. No dice. Apparently Sue's car battery terminals weren't clearly marked positive and negative, so they didn't want to chance it and put the jumper cables on the wrong posts. So Drew called his friend who lives on the South Side to see if he could come and jump us. He said he would be there in a little over a half hour. At this point I thought it was getting a little ridiculous, so I asked Drew if he could just ask the guy next to us getting gas if he would jump us. Well you should have seen this guy when Drew started walking over to him. He looked a little intimidated and I thought for sure he was going to say no, but Drew convinced him that we weren't crazy serial killers and he came over, jumped us and the car started right up. Thank you JESUS!

Sheesh what a stinkin' ordeal. Drew is afraid that my car has a short and that something shorted out when I rolled the window down when the car was turned off. So I guess no more of that. We are going to check it again in the morning and hopefully everything will be o.k.

So after all that, he just wanted to go home. Um, no....I made him take me right to McDonald's for those shakes. I needed it now more than ever. Have you had a shake at McD's lately? DELISH! Jules and I split a small Strawberry (my stomach can't handle more than a few drinks) and Drew got his yearly shamrock shake. Then we took our drive. It ended up being a nice night, but good grief! I HATE car issues!

Comments

mrsmarkdave said…
oh my gosh that's awful!!! Makes you just want to go home and go to bed. I'm glad everything turned out well.

Popular Posts