Thursday, February 5, 2009

Health Update...

....whew, has it even been a crazy couple of weeks. Last week I was admitted to the hospital for what they thought might have been a small stroke or mild heart attack. It was crazy. I was sitting at home and then had this rush to my heart and the back of my head. I tried to stand up and got dizzy. I called my mom to just talk to her and I was slurring my words and not sounding right, so she told me to call 911. I called 911 and while I was talking to them I reached for my bottle of water and I lost all feeling and control of my right hand.

The EMT's came and took me to Lutheran where I was admitted the for the night. They did tests throughout the night and took my blood and did Stroke tests every 2 hours. It was scary and exhausting. Wed. morning I had the CT scan of my leg and and MRI of my brain. They also did an echocardiogram and corroted artery test (I don't know if I spelled any of those right) The next day I met with a neurologist who did more tests and ordered 2 more MRI's.

Yesterday I met with my Dr. and she wants to test me for Lyme Disease and look into Fibromyalgia. I have been doing some reasearch on both and of course my symptoms relate to both. I am kind of at my wits end right now. My Dr. doesn't have any answers. Apparently I am not a "text book" case and so it has been hard to diagnose me.

For right now I am severely altering my diet and exercising in the warm water pool at Mercy 4 days a week and I will see how that will help me.

Please keep the prayers coming. They are really helping. For instance....the tumor is no where near as bad as they thought. I won't need surgery. They are going to try and shrink it through body wraps, so I will be starting those soon too.

Thanks everyone for your calls, emails and concerns over the past few weeks. You don't know how much they have helped me!

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Hi Adrian!
It has been so long... I found your blog on facebook. Sounds like you are going through a lot right now. I'll be praying for you; for strength, healing, grace, and His peace. Hang in there. Jesus knows.
Love,
Nikki Hook

Micaela said...

This is crazy! I'll be praying for sure. Love y'all!

Micaela said...

OOPs, I was signed in on Mic's computer but it is Pastor Lori typing!

loreyfamily said...

Of course i will be praying for you, God is with you just keep tursting God for your healing

Ill type a prayer now and keep praying for u

Dear lord i left this sister up to you Lord and Father you see all the pain and hurt she is facing and going through Lord Father we ask for a complet healing over her body Father you healed me of a tumor and i know u can do the same for her father God u say where to or more agree on earth it shell be done and we ask in faith Lord for u to heal her We thank you for healing touch over her and we Thank u for all u will do in her life
in his name AMEN

God bless

April

chefstinsonfamily said...

Thank you everyone! I love you all and all of your prayers!

Michelle Ekstrum said...

My stepdad has Fibromyalgia. So, if it ends up being that, let me know. I know quite a bit about it!