Whew!


Today is the start of a new beginning if you will. I just finished my final for my first college class in 10 years. And, I have to say I think it went pretty well! This class (Psych 101) has been life changing for me. It helped me to realize what I would like to do with my future.

It still amazes me that at 18 you are suppose to decide what you want your future to be. 10 years ago I thought my future would be in Marketing. It sounded interesting enough when I was 18 and I thought I could make a good living at it. Well 10 years and dozens of life experiences later, I realize that I love working with people and listening to them and helping them with their life experiences. I am hoping to pursue my bachelors degree in psychology and then move onto getting my Masters, with the hope that I can get into counseling here at Grand View in the future!

This class was so wonderful for me. It was so interesting and there never was a time that I felt like I was in over my head. I enjoyed every minute of it. The professor - Dr. Tom Peterson was great too. He is really engaging and easy to learn from. I couldn't have asked for a better person to teach my first class after so many years!

I am just so encouraged by this past semester. I have proven to myself that I can do it, despite so many other things going on in my life - work, parenting, being a wife, soccer and basketball games, and loads of laundry – I can also manage to take control of my future go back to school.

Oh…and to all of you that were so encouraging to me regarding the research paper I was stressing about – I got my paper back this morning and I got a 96%!!!!! Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. I greatly appreciate it!

Comments

Popular Posts