Catch Up....

...Whew, what a crazy couple of weeks. Julianna and I flew down to Phoenix a couple of weeks ago. It was nice to be able to see my mom and spend time with my family. We had a beautiful memorial service for my Grandmother on Friday, March 21st. My step-dad played music and my sister Lauren spoke. It was a nice way to remember my grandmother.

Jules and I decided to drive back with Lauren, rather than fly back. It was a LONG trip on the way down and while Jules handled it well, I could not imagine trying to do it again, especially when our trip home was a midnight flight and we wouldn't get home until 10:30 a.m the next day. It would be BRUTAL. So we left last Tuesday morning and drove for 18 hours (lots of stops) to Oklahoma City. We slept in a hotel there for about 5 hours and then headed to Des Moines. It was a nice trip and other than a toddler who was sick of her car seat, it was pretty uneventful. It was so nice to be home and be back with Drew. Jules missed him like you wouldn't believe!

Now we are catching up on everyday life. I am busy at work preparing for orientation/registration, a conference, summer housing AND studying for a test that will be brutal for my psych class as well as producing an 8 page paper by Monday. I am on overload and I can't wait for this time next week!!!

The restaurant where Drew is a chef opened yesterday. The place is amazing and the food is delicious! I know that they are going to be very busy and successful! It is so nice to see Drew happy with his job once again!

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts, prayers, cards, emails and phone calls over the past couple of weeks, you don't know how much I have appreciated them!

Comments

Popular Posts