What a man......


So of course I think my husband is the greatest ever, but he really proved it last night. We decided earlier this year that we would just keep Valentine's Day at a minimum this year, since we are watching our pennies. We had discussed buying each other massage gift certificates, but I decided at the last minute that I just wanted a card. Drew came to see me yesterday real quick and I gave him his card and he said that he hadn't had time to get mine yet. Whatever, I was fine with that. Well he worked late last night and called me from his car to say that he was on his way home. I just assumed there would be no card, which I really didn't mind, I just wanted to be with him.


So, let me back up a bit. A few weeks ago we were talking about our childhood and different things and I was talking about how I played the violin in elementary school for 5 years and that I wish I would have stuck with it and could still play. Then we talked about other things and I didn't really think much of it.


So, last night Drew comes home and has a beautiful card for me, a dozen roses and says that he did order me something, but that it hadn't arrived yet. I am thinking - I check our bank account everyday and I have not seen anything come through, so what could he possibly be talking about. He said that he had a printout of it, if I wanted to see that. Well of course I did! So he hands me the printout of the order and HE BOUGHT ME A VIOLIN!!!!!!! He had a gift certificate to a store (he was suppose to use it for something for him) and he used it to buy my gift. I can honestly say this is the first gift I have received from him that I have been totally surprised and blown away by. He is amazing. I started crying when I saw the picture, because he just gets me and knows what I want and need and never gets tired of surprising me. I will say it again - he is amazing!!!


Thank you babe, you are truly the greatest husband ever, and I thank God everyday for you and our marriage. I promise I will be playing music for you soon!

Comments

becky said…
that is so wonderful!!!! isn't it awesome when you are able to share your life with the person who just "gets you." God is so good to bless us with such great men!!!
Lori Eilers said…
Incredible! It's great to have such wonderful husbands. Way to go Drew.

Popular Posts